DID YOU KNOW…….
Fall and fall related injury is one of the most common reasons for hospitalization in people over the age of 65. A fall can be disastrous, leading to broken bones, head injury, and even worse. The recovery from a fall related injury can often take 6 months to a year or long, and often the victim never fully recovers. Falls can lead to decreased mobility and the need for a walking assistance device such as a cane or walker.
An ankle foot orthotic is a brace that supports both the foot and ankle. In many cases, an ankle foot orthotic can be used to maintain balance and increase stability while walking, resulting in a reduced risk of falling. The Moore Balance Brace has been proven to do just that. Some braces can be bulky and difficult to wear, however, the unique design of the more balance brace makes it light-weight, breathable, and easy to wear. It is custom molded to your foot and ankle to ensure a snug, comfortable fit that you can not get from an over the counter brace.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Improves balance and reduces the risk of falls by enhancing postural contral, while minimizing abnormal postural sway
- Stabilizes the foot and ankle when weakness and fatigue exists
- Stimulates skin receptors providing feedback to the brain
- Improves foot clearance reducing the risk of tripping
WHO WILL IT HELP?
Anyone with the following symptoms or history will benefit from the Moore Balance Brace…
- Difficulty walking and/or maintaining balance
- History of falls
- Vestibular Disorder (such as vertigo)
- Chronic ankle instability
- Arthritis of the foot or ankle
- Stroke imbalance or drop foot
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy